Wednesday, April 09, 2003
9:30:00 AM - 4:00:00 PM
Westlake Porter Public Library
$60 CAMLS Members
$70 Affiliate Members
Free for guests/speakers
Deadline: Wednesday, April 02, 2003
Registered Now: 31
Contact Hours: 5
Fee includes lunch and materials
Itís not always what you say but how you say it. Verbal Judo can have a direct and dramatic impact on your communication skills. The goals are to reduce and respond to complaints, minimize stress, ensure physical safety, enhance professionalism and ultimately, communicate assertively and effectively.
Although you can't force people to do what you want in the service world of libraries, you can generate voluntary compliance by redirecting rather than controlling. Youíll learn to skillfully receive and deliver information. Discover the Art of Mediation, an effective tool for dealing with people under temporary emotional influences ranging from anger to fear and frustration.
Deliver an effective message that is clear, concise and to the point, and youíll prevent misunderstandings before they cause conflict. Donít miss this new twist on customer service.
- Identify the three types of personalities and how to deal with them
- How to use humor and act responsibly
- Specific deflection tactics to handle a verbal assault without stress
- Insure what is said is actually what was intended
- 5 keys of "Hands On" negotiating with tough patrons at work or in the home
- Creating and working the Personal Appeal of Motivation
- The Art of Mediation to help people think better for themselves
- Question asking strategies, and the 14 Tools of Paraphrasing for accuracy