Reference Services Teleconference
Friday, February 07, 2003
12:00:00 PM - 2:00:00 PM
Cleveland State University
Rhodes Tower, 702
$0 CAMLS Members
$0 Affiliate Members
Free for guests/speakers
Deadline: Friday, January 31, 2003
Registered Now: 17
Contact Hours: 2
Explore the continuing dramatic changes coming to the library reference services with peers from around the country via teleconference. An array of contemporary reference service issues will be discussed including balancing in-library and virtual reference services, estimating real costs for service and delivery, juggling copyright and intellectual property rights problems, reversing downward usage trends, and the potential of reference service modalities. Have yourself and your library ready for future changes and decide what reference services are right for your library.
Examine all of these significant issues for FREE. There is no charge for this teleconference, but space is limited.
This is a two-day workshop taking place February 7th and April 11th. Please register separately for both days. Registrations will be taken through February 5th.
- Assessing reference services in all its formats
- Estimating real costs for service and delivery
- Copyright and intellectual property rights
- Reversing downward usage trends
- The reference services right for your library
- Reference service modalities
- Training staff for future changes