|Topics in Human Resources: Performance Evaluations and Alternatives
Thursday, December 05, 2002
9:30:00 AM - 4:00:00 PM
Cuyahoga County Public Library
2111 Snow Road Parma, Ohio
$65 CAMLS Members
$75 Affiliate Members
Free for guests/speakers
Deadline: Thursday, November 28, 2002
Registered Now: 32
Contact Hours: 6
Fee includes lunch and materials
Discover the optimum evaluation methods for your organization. For decades, the Performance Review has been a standard tool in evaluating staff. Although every institution has its own protocol and devotes varying amounts of energy to the process, the scenario is much the same: set goals, accomplish goals, review goals and start all over again.
How can libraries best monitor performance? What review format is the most meaningful for both staff and management? This workshop will look at traditional performance review practices as well as those "outside the box." A panel of peers will discuss best practices, both traditional and alternative.
- The Performance Evaluation and Review Process: A realistic Assessment
- Performance Improvement: What Really Works?
- Exploring Alternatives:
1. Best Practices Discussion: Panel of Peers
2. Individual Learning and Development Plans
3. Strategic Planning and Performance Assessment
- Choosing What Is Best for Your Organization.