Professional Development Policies & Related Information
CAMLS provides a variety of professional development opportunities for its members who often do not have the time, funding, staff, or expertise to develop in-house staff development programs. Annually, CAMLS presents approximately 40 formally structured education activities. Other less formal sessions are provided at committee meetings. Every two years, CAMLS conducts a brainstorming session with library directors to determine continuing education programs needed by their staff. CAMLS also solicits suggestions on the workshop evaluation form and from CAMLS committees. Certificates of participation are awarded for most CAMLS workshops. CAMLS also has partners, for example, a letter of recommendation writing service, for the education programs, which will be very helpful.
Don't Forget to Mark Dates and Times of classes on your calendar!
- Each person interested in attending a program is asked to complete a registration form. We will not reserve a place for you until we receive your registration form or written notification. Changes in registration require written notification.
The registration deadline is 7 days before the date of a program. CAMLS reserves the right to limit enrollment to insure a quality learning experience for all. You are confirmed unless we notify you. CAMLS does not send out confirmation notices.
- Registration Fees
- Registration fees vary. Please make your check payable to CAMLS. CAMLS libraries may choose to prepay for continuing education workshops with their membership fees or anytime during the year or request that we bill them. To register for a workshop, the library sends CAMLS the registration form. Libraries periodically receive a computer-generated list of the staff who have attended a workshop, the workshop attended, and the amount of prepayment dollars unused to date or amount due. CAMLS prefers to receive payment prior to the date of a workshop, but no later than the day of a program.
- Cancellation / Refund
- CAMLS will refund the registration fee to workshop registrants who notify the CAMLS office three business days in advance of the beginning of the workshop. Registrants who do not send payment in advance, and who do not cancel or attend the workshop will be billed for the registration fee. Upon payment, workshop materials will be mailed to the registrant.
If CAMLS has to cancel a program, we will notify a registrant as soon as possible and refund the registration fee.
- Bad Weather
- Weather severity varies throughout the CAMLS area. If in doubt, call the office.
- Special Needs
- Please list any special or dietary requirements/needs on the registration form and send it to the CAMLS office at least 21 days in advance of a workshop.
- Maps for workshop locations are located at http://www.ohionet.org/~camls/cmap.htm. Check the location a second time before leaving home/library so that you go to the right location.
The CAMLS professional development program is supported by Federal LSCA Title I funds, granted by the State Library of Ohio.
We don't send confirmations!
Back to CAMLS Workshops
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System