Librarian (posted 8-31)
- Title:Librarian (posted 8-31)
- Name of Organization: Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Location: University Cicle, Cleveland, OH
- Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Principal duties: To supervise the operation of 16,000 volume gardening library, build and maintain its collection, and make its resources available to Cleveland Botanical garden staff, members, and the general public. Referernce work, ordering, care of rare book collection, preparation of the budget and reports, working closely with staff, volunteers and the Library Committee. Subject fields include gardening, horticulture, landscape architecture, flower arrranging and botany.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Professional Librarian with a Master's degree in Library Science and an undergraduate major in plant science preferred. Must have a strong interest in plants; knowledge of the Interenet and creating web pages; on-line cataloging electronic information technology. Must have excellent people skills and enjoy working with a diverse public. Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and creativity to work in a complex environment is essential.
- Contact: Joanna Bristol, Director of Information Services, Cleveland Botanical Garden, 11030 East Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44106, fax: (216) 721-1692, e-mail: [email protected]
- Submit: Resume
- Deadline: Open until filled
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System