Science and Engineering Librarian (posted 8-31)
- Title:Science and Engineering Librarian (posted 8-31)
- Name of Organization: University Library (Kelvin Smith Library)
- Location: Case Western Reserve University
- Hours: Full-time
- Salary: Competitive
- Principal duties: Coordinates the selection and management of information resources, promotes awareness of and access to print and electronic resources, and provides outreach, consultative, and instructional services to faculty and students. Participates in the weekend and evening rotation schedule.
- Qualifications/Requirements: ALA-accredited MLS required. A minimum of three years post-MLS academic experience in relevant subject areas. Advanced degree in a science or engineering field is preferred and two years recent experience with collection management, reference, and instruction in an academic or special library. Strong service orientation; excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to work well with all levels of users and staff and demonstrated interest in the applications of current emerging technologies to meet the changing needs of users and the ability to work effectively as a team member and leader. Prefer strong skills using Mac, Windows or UNIX system and skill in the use of interactive software to aid in the creation of multimedia presentations for user education.
- Contact: Human Resources Department (EGR), Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-7047
- Submit: Send application letter, current resume, and the names of three references
- Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System