Branch Library Manager (posted 2-5)
- Title: Branch Library Manager (posted 2-5)
- Name of Organization: Akron-Summit County Public Library
- Location: Ayres Branch
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours), including evening and weekend hours, not eligible for job sharing due to supervisory nature of position.
- Salary: $1546.30 bi-weekly
- Principal duties: Manages all branch operations, including interviewing, scheduling, evaluating, and training of branch employees; manages the branch facility, including overseeing the general building maintenance; maintains positive public relations with the community by promoting library services, working closely with the Friends group and developing rapport with customers, key community leaders and organizations; develops library programs for children, young adults, or adults, oversees childrens, young adults and adults materials collection and branch book inventory; provides general reference services to customers, including reader's advisory and book talks; and performs other tasks as necessary.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Proven aptitude in professional library science, preferably in a public library setting, including a comprehensive knowledge of reference sources, reader interest levels, books and authors; demonstrated supervisory skills; ability to assess community interests and needs and develop programs and services accordingly; excellent customer service skills including the ability to establish and maintain sound professional judgment. An ALA accredited MLS and extensive professional librarian experience are required.
- Contact: Human Resources Department, Akron-Summit County Public Library, 55 South Main Street, Akron, OH 44326-0001.
- Submit: Resume, cover letter indicating previous applicable professional experience and training, and three references.
- Deadline: By 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 16, 1998.
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System