Materials Selection Assistant (posted 9-25)
- Title:Materials Selection Assistant (posted 9-25)
- Name of Organization: Cuyahoga County Public Library
- Location: Administration Building
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Salary: $12.41 per hour
- Principal duties: Under professional supervision, assists in supporting the work of the Materials Selection Department to facilitate selection of Adult and Young Adult materials and in providing materials-related service to the branches. Assists in developing and selecting Standing Order and Central Selection lists. Maintains the Book Discussion Collection and develops bibliographies. Works with DRA Request-Reorder reports. Must be able to communicate effectively with branch staff, vendors and the public. Applicants with experience working with a culturally diverse population will be preferred.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor's degree, basic familiarity with public library services and a broad reading background extensive enough to assist in formulating Central Selection lists. Proof of education will be required.
- Contact: Applications may be obtained by calling the Human Resources Division, Cuyahoga County Public Library (216) 749-9464, 1-800-749-5560, or by picking one up from any of the 28 local branches.
- Submit: Completed applications can only be returned at the Administration Building, 2111 Snow Road, Parma, OH 44134.
- Deadline: October 2, 1998 by 5:00 p.m.
Back to Non-MLS Jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System