Reference/Adult Services Librarian (posted 9-25)
- Title: Reference/Adult Services Librarian (posted 9-25)
- Name of Organization: Taylor Memorial Public Library
- Location: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- Hours: Full-time
- Salary: $21,724 - 26,309
- Principal duties: Under the general Supervision of the Department Head provide reference service and assist patrons with adult services at the Department Desks both in person and via the telephone; assists in the selection, inventory, and maintenance of the adult collection; assist in supervising other staff and volunteers in assigned projects; plan and present programs; develop and maintain good rapport with patrons, supervisors and co-workers; use computer skills in servicing the public via the on-line public catalog, CD-ROM network and the Internet; perform other functions on the PC.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Masters Degree from an ALA accredited School of Library Science with major emphasis on reference and adult services or equivalent training and experience; interest and personal initiative in working with the general public; courteous, outgoing in providing service to the public; knowledge and experience in the use of computers, automated systems and word processing to accomplish the work of the department; ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and to supervise others as delegated; ability to implement programs and services assigned by the Department Head.
- Contact: John C. Bender, Director, Taylor Memorial Public Library, 2015 Third Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
- Submit: Resume
- Deadline: October 2, 1998
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System