Library Associate I, Public Services Department, Bilingual Services (posted 9-3)
- Title:Library Associate I, Public Services Department, Bilingual Services (posted 9-3)
- Name of Organization: Lorain Public Library System
- Location: 351 Sixth Street, Lorain, OH 44052-1770
- Hours: Full-time, 38 hours per week
- Salary: $20,471 per year, excellent benefits
- Principal duties: To assist all users in finding library materials, in using library computer equipment and in answering their reference and directional questions. To assist in the selection and maintenance of the materials collection. To provide information and readers advisory services to the Spanish-speaking patrons of the library; to act as a member of the translation services team of the public services departments.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor's degree required; major or minor in library science or media services preferred. Good knowledge of library book collection organization. Good knowledge of reading interests and materials for adults, especially Spanish speaking. Knowledge of and experience using IBM-compatible computer hardware and other software applications. Experience in use of on-line database including Internet, preferred. Ability to understand, speak and read fluently in English and Spanish required.
- Contact: Nancy Ostrander, Personnel Coordinator, Lorain Public Library System, 351 Sixth Street, Lorain, OH 44052, (440) 244-1192, [email protected]
- Submit: Application Packet
- Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Back to Non-MLS Jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System