Reference Librarian I (posted 12-4)
- Title: Reference Librarian I (posted 12-4)
- Name of Organization: Barberton Public Library
- Location: Barberton, Ohio
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: $20,349 - $26,454 ($11.18 - $14.54 per hour), salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Principal duties: Duties include, but are not limited to, reference and reader's advisory; collection development for audio, video, CD-ROM, and periodical items; patron and staff training in the use of Internet/OPLIN, CD-ROMs, and microcomputer applications; and troubleshooting in conjunction with the systems manager. Creativity, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Master's degree from ALA accredited library school, or equivalent training. Applicants within 6 credit hours or less towards completion of the MLS will also be considered under certain conditions. Substantial knowledge of, and experience with, audio-visual materials and equipment, electronic resources, and information technology.
- Contact: Barbara Kirbawy, Director, Barberton Public Library, 602 West Park Avenue, Barberton OH 44203-2458. Phone: 330-745-1194.
- Submit: Send letter expressing reasons for interest, resume, references (and a release giving permission to contact them) and official graduate school transcripts.
- Deadline: Position available February 1998. Selection process will begin in January and continue until the position is filled.
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System