Continuing Education Director (posted 9-25)
- Title: Continuing Education Director (posted 9-25)
- Name of Organization: Cleveland Area Metropoltian Library System (CAMLS)
- Location: Shaker Heights, OH
- Hours: Full-time
- Salary: Will be dependant on experience and qualifications. Salary range is $36,050 - $49,440. Standard medical/dental benefits plus 22 days of vacation and 12 paid holidays.
- Principal duties: CAMLS is seeking a Continuing Education Director to develop, organize, and execute the CAMLS continuing education program. CAMLS, a multi-type library consortium serving a diverse membership of 81 libraries in metropolitan Cleveland, has a national reputation in continuing education programs. Assists in formulation of grant proposals to support continuing education programs. Works with selected committees to develop continuing education programs and services. Conducts periodic continuing education needs assessments and consults with members regarding their professional and staff development program needs. Represents CAMLS at library technology meetings at regional and state level.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience in the area of continuing education, particularly in the area of library services and information technology. ALA/MLS plus experience in a library is highly desirable. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written English communication skills. Candidates must be able to work in a team environment and have experience in the oversight of continuing education budgets. Candidates should be familiar with information technology and telecommunication needs in the library and non-profit environment.
- Contact: Michael G. Snyder, Executive Director, Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System, 20600 Chagrin Blvd., Suite 500, Shaker Heights, OH .
- Submit: Submit letter of application, resume, and the names of three references.
- Deadline: Applications will be accepted from September 29, 1997, to November 7, 1997.
Back to Non-MLS Jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System