Library Assistant IV–Student Assistant Supervisor
- Title: Library Assistant IV–Student Assistant Supervisor
- Name of Organization: Kelvin Smith Library
- Location: Case Western Reserve University
- Hours:Flexible, 37.5 hours/week
- Salary:$20,109 minimum
- Principal duties:Primary responsibility for recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, and supervising student assistant workforce to maintain timely, accurate information access. Collaborate with Service Desk Supervisor and Collection Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate and schedule students for both stack and desk duties. Use checklists, statistics, and performance assessment techniques to motivate, monitor tasks, improve efficiency, and service levels; develop and maintain student assistant manual. Strong interaction with students as a supervisor and as a result of high presence in public areas. Personal duties in assigned areas of 1.2 million-item collection (housed on compact movable shelving); some routine circulation and information functions at Main Service Desk; may serve as supervisor in charge during evening or weekend shifts.
- Qualifications/Requirements:Flexible scheduling preferred. Highly networked, customer-focused environment requires working knowledge of online library catalogs and database offerings, WWW tools, and computers. Requires a high school education, some college strongly preferred; 3 years library experience, strong supervisory experience required. Excellent interpersonal, oral communications skills and customer-service orientation a must.
- Contact:Kelvin Smith Library Contact: Karen Oye, Head of Customer Services, University Library, Case Western Reserve University, 11055 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-7151. 216-368-5309 or [email protected]
- Submit:For inquiries and submission of resume: Human Resources, Pardee Hall, CWRU. In person inquiries welcomed.
- Deadline:Reviews beginning immediately
Back to Non-MLS Jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System