Library Assistant IV Collection Maintenance Supervisor
- Title: Library Assistant IV Collection Maintenance Supervisor
- Name of Organization: Kelvin Smith Library
- Location: Case Western Reserve University
- Hours:Flexible, 3:30-12 midnight preferred; 37.5 hours/week
- Salary:$20,109 minimum
- Principal duties:Primary responsibility for Collection Maintenance standards of 1.2 million items, ensure accurate, timely information access to library materials; collection housed on modules of compact movable shelving. High degree of independence in overseeing modules, collection, shelf-reading, signage, all operations of daily organization, movement of materials; responsible for critical thinking, and decision making about growth needs. Collaborate with Service Desk and Student Assistant Supervisors to coordinate, set work priorities, monitor for accountability. Support all activities with statistics. Some general circulation, information functions, problem-solving at Main Service Desk. Supervisor of Record for 5 LAIIIs, collaborate with Service Desk Supervisor.
- Qualifications/Requirements:Highly networked, customer-focused environment requires working knowledge of library online catalog and database offerings, WWW tools, computers. Requires high school education, some college strongly preferred; 2-3 years library experience and supervisory experience required. Excellent interpersonal, oral communications skills; customer-service orientation a must.
- Contact:Kelvin Smith Library Contact: Karen Oye, Head of Customer Services, University Library, 11055 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-7151. 216-368-5309, [email protected]
- Submit:For inquiries and submission of resume: Human Resources, Pardee Hall, CWRU. In person inquiries welcomed.
- Deadline:Reviews begin immediately
Back to Non-MLS Jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System