Technician II (Hardware/User support) (posted 9-29)
- Title: Technician II (Hardware/User support) (posted 9-29)
- Name of Organization: Harris Library, MSASS, Case Western Reserve University
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Hours: 37.5 hours/week (full time)
- Salary: Starting salary $18,200
- Principal duties: Install and maintain hardware and equipment within MSASS and its satellite offices, including faculty/staff offices, library, computing lab and other installations as needed; repair malfunctioning machines; provide user support around hardware and software issues; perform preventative maintenance for all equipment and oversee maintenance contracts and warranties; maintain accurate, up to date, inventory of equipment, parts and supplies; assist in the purchase and tracking of equipment orders, including typing reqs; keep current with state of the art technology and provide input in Systems Support Planning; assist in network administration; other related duties.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Minimum 1-2 years experience in organization systems support or related IS field. Must have knowledge of computer and related hardware, including IBM compatible personal computers, HP printers and other peripheral devices; extensive knowledge of Windows 95; knowledge of operating systems including DOS, Windows (3.x, 95 and NT), Novell Netware 4.11; networking protocols including but not limited to TCP/IP and PPP; Microsoft Office family, especially Word and Access; at least one programming language (C++ or Visual Basic preferred) and HTML. Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate technical issues in a non-technical way. May be on a rotating schedule and scheduled to work evenings and weekends.
- Contact: Human Resources Department, Pardee Hall, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7047 Phone: 216.368.4500
- Deadline: Open until filled
Back to Non-MLS Jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System