Librarian II (Technical Services) (posted 9-29)
- Title: Librarian II (Technical Services) (posted 9-29)
- Name of Organization: Harris Library, MSASS, Case Western Reserve University
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Hours: Full time (40 hours/week)
- Salary: Starting salary $29,324
- Principal duties: Primarily responsible for providing and maintaining access to the literature and research of MSASS disciplines through: maintenance of the bibliographic database; organization and maintenance of the physical collections; electronic resources such as the WWW, Internet, etc. Provide reference services within specialized collections.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Requires ALA accredited MLS and cataloging/classification courses; minimum three years relevant post-MLS experience in technical services; demonstrated experience in operations and use of automated and networked library technologies; demonstrated knowledge of specialized social sciences and/or nonprofit literature; demonstrated experience in creating, organizing and maintaining internet information resources. Ability to work independently, cope with multiple demands, and work with a diverse academic community; demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills; good written and verbal communication skills; strong cataloging and classification skills in the literature of social work and nonprofit; skills in DOS and Windows; basic skills in UNIX; expertise in using internet resources and tools; knowledge of applications of current and emerging technology as it contributes to meeting the information needs of library users. Position may require some evening and weekend hours.
- Contact: Human Resources Department, Pardee Hall, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7047, Phone: 216.368.4500
- Deadline: Open until filled
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System