Librarian (Children's) Akron-Summit County Public Library (posted 12-1)
- Title: Librarian (Children's) Akron-Summit County Public Library (posted 12-1)
- Name of Organization: Akron-Summit County Public Library
- Location: Wooster Branch
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours) including evening and weekend hours
- Salary: Grade 6, $1070.05 biweekly
- Principal duties: Selects and weeds children's materials; plans and conducts programs; actively represents the library in the community through school visits; provides reference and reader's advisory to both adults and children; cooperates with area teachers in the selection of appropriate materials; creates an attractive and appealing children's area; and performs other tasks as assigned.
- Qualifications/Requirements: A Master of Library Science degree (MLS) issued by an ALA accredited school of libray and information science is required and some library experience is preferred. Knowledge of professional library science including familiarity with reference and bibliographic resources in the children's services areas; good knowledge of children's publishers and their practices; ability to develop programs; good research skills; ability to speak and write effectively; sound professional judgment; ability to direct the work of others; and good customer relation skills including a pleasing personality and the ability to get along well with others. Applicant within 6 credit hours or less toward completion of the MLS will also be considered under certain conditions. Individuals hired under these conditions will begin as a Sr. Public Service Assistant Grade 5, Step 1, ($14.2673/hour).
- Contact: Human Resources Department, Akron-Summit County Public Library, 55 South Main Street, Akeon, OH 44326-0001
- Submit: Resume, a cover letter indicating previous applicable professional experience and training, and three references
- Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 7, 1998
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System