Technical Services and Automation Librarian (posted 10-10)
- Title: Technical Services and Automation Librarian (posted 10-10)
- Name of Organization: Lorain County Community College
- Location: Elyria, Ohio
- Hours: Full-time
- Salary: $37,697 - $44,765
- Principal duties: Provides leadership for planning, developing and maintaining new technological applications in the Library in support of the teaching/learning mission of the College and manages all facets of Technical Services (acquisitions, cataloging and serials control). Administers the Library's online integrated system (Innovative Interfaces), OhioLINK and other online and CD-ROM databases available through the Library's LAN; updates/enhances the Library's home page on the WWW; provides original cataloging copy for library materials as needed; maintains standards for the input of bibliographic data into the Library's automated catalog; supervises technical services/automation staff; coordinates library staff training on automated systems; builds collaborative partnerships with Computer Services staff; examines, tests and recommends new automated products and services for the Library; and assists in the development of off-campus electronic access to library resources.
- Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum requirements include an MLS from an ALA accredited library program; three years project management experience implementing/supporting integrated library automation systems (ideally Innovative Interfaces); two years technical services experience including original cataloging of monographs and/or serials using OCLC. Must have a working knowledge of information standards (Z39.50, MARC, HTML), CD-ROM technology, telecommunications, windows operating systems and network applications. Excellent oral/written communication skills essential as this individual will serve as a bridge between technical and non-technical staff. Personnel supervisory experience preferred.
- Contact: Please forward all materials to: Errol M. Browne, Director of Human Resources, Lorain County Community College, 1005 N. Abbe Road, Elyria, Ohio 44035
- Submit: Applicants should submit a letter of
- Deadline: Open until filled
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System