Head, Children's Literature (Posted 11-2)
- Title: Head, Children's Literature (Posted 11-2)
- Name of Organization: Cleveland Public Library
- Location: 325 Superior Avenue
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Salary: $49,303 - $68,760
- Principal duties: Responsible for overall organization, collection management and delivery of services and programs to children, parents, caregivers. Supervision of 5.2 FTE staff of the Children's Literature Department. Assists on training of new children's librarians and the collection development for 28 branch libraries. Developes and promotes family literacy sevices as part of the Family Learning Project. Seeking a self motivated individual to lead our children's services to the public.
- Qualifications/Requirements: ALA-accredited master's degree in library science. Extensive experience with public library children's programs and services including supervision of professionals and para-professionals. Rich knowledge of children's literature, writing and public speaking. Ability to work with and plan for current technologies and a strong service-oriented philosophy.
- Contact: Joan Brown, Head, Human Resources, Cleveland Public Library,325 Superior Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44ll4
- Submit: Letter & Resume
- Deadline: Open until filled
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System