Assistant Director (posted 10-12)
- Title: Assistant Director (posted 10-12)
- Name of Organization: Elyria Public Library
- Location: Elyria, Ohio
- Salary:Negotiable dependent upon experience
- Principal duties:Under general direction, this position gives an added measure of assistance to the library director and staff in a wide range of activities shared by director and staff. Responsibilities include: A) Personnel administration, including liason with the bargaining unit and labor-management and health care insurance committees, sitting on the contract negotiations committee, maintaining personnel policies, procedures and records and related duties. B) Chairing a performance evaluation task force to develop an updated performance planning and review system. C) Chairing an ongoing marketing task force for the library. D) Completing various reports and output measure surveys required by the State Library, ALA and other organizations. E) Assuming responsibility when the director is absent. F) Developing an active visible roll in the community so as to better understand community needs and to communicate with the community. G) Maintaining active awareness of needs in the departments by substituting or providing extra coverage when needed. H) Working with coordinators and staff on other special projects as assigned, such as updating the collection development policies, etc.
- Qualifications/Requirements:Master's degree in library science from an ALA-accredited program and professional level experience which would indicate an ability to successfully carry out the above duties.
- Contact:Don Burrier, Director, Elyria Public Library, 320 Washington Avenue, Elyria, OH 44035
- Submit:Letter and resume with references
- Deadline:Open until filled
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System