Librarian II/Special Collections Cataloger (posted 10-20)
- Title: Librarian II/Special Collections Cataloger (posted 10-20)
- Name of Organization: Case Western Reserve University-Kelvin Smith Library
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Salary:Salary is competitive and there is a comprehensive benefits package
- Principal duties:Catalogs the rare books, manuscripts and special collections of the University Library. Performs original and copy cataloging in a variety of languages; undertakes and accomplishes bibliographic projects; works closely with the Information Access staff to coordinate cataloging activities; provides general and specialized research assistance and general consulting for all library users; maintains awareness of current resources/tools; provides specialized research assistance and consulting services based on knowledge of rare book, manuscript and special collections resources.
- Qualifications/Requirements:ALA-accredited MLS. A minimum of three to five years relevant cataloging experience in an academic library using the catalog utility OCLC, AACR II, LCSH, LCC, DDC, DCRB, MARC formats and other standard cataloging tools is required. Advanced degree in a subject-related area is preferred. Strong service orientation; excellent communication skills; ability to work well with all levels of users and staff; demonstrated interest in the applications of current emerging technologies; ability to interact successfully and communicate in a clear, knowledgeable, and personable manner; initiative, flexibility and willingnes to work in a rapidly changing and creative environment.
- Contact:Human Resources Department (NSH), Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-7047
- Submit:Application letter, current resume, and the names of three current references
- Deadline:Open until filled
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System