- Title: Network Administrator
- Name of Organization: State Library of Ohio
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Hours:8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, may include some evenings and weekends
- Salary:$18.95 - $26.48 per hour
- Principal duties:Designs, implements and maintains automated network services for State Library. Analyzes and evaluates network hardware and software packages; configures network servers; sets up and installs hardware; installs or coordinates the installation of cabling, hubs, concentrators, etc.; administers client server; researches, designs and implements disaster recovery plan to ensure data integrity; transaction tracking, disk mirroring, disk duplication, redundant server and automated tape back-up; maintains security of LAN and WAN. Coordinates security system activities as directed by supervisor; composes system documentation, specifications and production procedures; evaluates and establishes overall requirements and specifications for telecommunications and networking needs of the State Library; composes statistical/narrative reports for long range plans.
- Qualifications/Requirements:Completion of undergraduate core coursework in computer science or related field which included discussion and use of microcomputer software and hardware; 12 months training or 12 months experience on computer network administration to include understanding of operating systems and networking technologies; one course or three months experience in computer networking.
- Contact:Wesley H. Lee, Human Resources Administrator, The State Library of Ohio, 65 S. Front Street, Room 510, Columbus, OH 43215-4163
- Deadline:Open until filled
Back to Non-MLS Jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System