- Title: Executive Director
- Name of Organization: The State Library of Ohio, Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)
- Location: 1320 Arthur E. Adams Dr., 1st floor, Columbus, OH 43221
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Salary: Starting Salary Negotiable - (Mid 70+s)
- Principal duties:The Executive Director is the chief officer of the Ohio Public Library Information Network reporting directly to the 11 member OPLIN Board; leads the development and delivery of networked information services to Ohio public libraries; assesses library needs, recommends programs, projects and products to the Board and implements approved programs; represents OPLIN to the state and national library community, government agencies, information industry and business and professional organizations; fosters partnerships with other consortiums and State agencies to insure the effective utilization of OPLIN services and coordinates public libraries participation in OPLIN; manages staff and budget; develops, composes and submits bi-annual budget for approval by OPLIN Board; recommends level of capital expenditures to Board.
- Qualifications/Requirements:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Educational obtainment of either a MBA, MPA, MLS or other relevant advanced degree and/or equivalent work experience. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Significant experience in implementing networked information systems or services, including information delivery, management issues, complex technical contracts. Experience in managing political, technical, training, user support, vendor and complex organization issues; travels throughout State of Ohio.
- Contact:Frances Black, Chair OPLIN Search Committee, Southwest Public Libraries, 3359 Park Street, Grove City, OH 43123-2631
- Submit:Letter of application and confidential vitae.
- Deadline:June 15, 1997
Back to MLS jobs
- Send e-mail to
- produced 9/26/96
- copyright © 1996 Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System